1. GENERAL PROVISIONS
1.1. The Academy of Navigation and Motion Control, an international public association, hereinafter referred to as the Academy, is a voluntary organization of citizens of the Russian Federation and other states, in which scientists and specialists who have made significant contributions to the development of fundamental and applied science in the field of navigation and motion control and who are willing to contribute to the development and effective use of these scientific achievements in the interests of society are unified on a basis of common interests.
1.2. The Academy organizes its activities in accordance with the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the Legislation of the Russian Federation and those of the foreign states, in which its branches, affiliations and representation offices are established, as well as the present Regulations.
1.3. The Academy follows the principles of voluntariness, equality of its members, self-administration, legality and publicity and functions on the territory of the Russian Federation and the foreign states, in which the Academy branches, affiliations and representation offices are established.
1.4. The Academy does not participate in the activities of political parties and other organizations which pursue political goals, or in actions aimed at formation of state elective authorities and governing bodies.
1.5. The Academy is not responsible for the State's obligations, neither is the State responsible for the Academy obligations.
1.6. The Academy is a legal entity starting from the moment of its registration. It possesses its own property, is self-supporting, has settlement and other kinds of accounts including foreign currency accounts, in banking institutions, has the right to acquire property and personal non-property rights on its own behalf and to perform obligations, to be a claimant and a defendant in court, arbitration court and court of referees.
1.7. The Academy has a round seal, a stamp, forms containing its name, approved in accordance with the established legal procedure.
1.8. The Academy is a public association having an international status.
1.9. The Academy governing body is located at:
30, Malaya Posadskaya str., Saint Petersburg, 197046, Russia.
2. GOALS, OBJECTIVES AND MAIN TRENDS OF THE ACADEMY ACTIVITIES
2.1. The main goal of the Academy is to promote the development of national and world science in the field of navigation and motion control and use of scientific achievements in social life.
2.2. To achieve the above-mentioned goal the Academy pursues the following objectives:
- consolidation of national and foreign scientists' efforts in solving the most important scientific problems, drawing up of joint scientific, scientific and technological, scientific and educational programs and projects;
- analysis and generalization of the most important scientific achievements in the field of navigation and motion control, assistance in their utmost application in various spheres of activity;
- assistance in establishment and development of cooperation with domestic, national and international scientific centers and public associations engaged in scientific activities in the field of navigation and motion control;
- organization of creative teams for performing promising research studies in the field of navigation and motion control;
- raising of voluntary donations from domestic and foreign scientific associations, institutions and private individuals via information and organizing activities for the Academy needs;
- charity activities aimed at supporting the development of domestic science and rendering assistance to individual scientists, including protection of their intellectual property rights and other legal and social assistance;
- search for additional financial sources for scientific research studies, assistance in improving their material and technical basis; organization of independent public scientific examination of scientific programs and projects;
- assistance in preparation, editing and publication of scientific papers in the field of navigation and motion control.
2.3. To accomplish the specified objectives the Academy undertakes the following activities:
2.3.1. Establishment of scientific councils and provision of conditions for their work on main trends in the field of navigation and motion control.
2.3.2. Planning and realization of the Academy own public programs and projects in the field of navigation and motion control, organization of creative scientific bodies.
2.3.3. Organization of scientific conferences, workshops, symposia, exhibitions, including those with the participation of foreign scientists and specialists.
2.3.4. Creation of a database on scientific research studies performed by the Academy members.
2.3.5. Establishment of the Academy branches, affiliations and representation offices according to the established legal procedure.
2.3.6. Establishment of direct international contacts and relations fostering scientific research studies; preparation and signing of agreements, memorandums and other documents.
2.3.7. Entrance to associations, unions, funds and other organizations, including international ones and also participation in their foundation in accordance with the current legislation.
2.3.8. Assistance in sending the Academy members to the leading domestic and foreign scientific and educational centers for scientific training as well as provision of other legal and social assistance.
2.3.9. Participation, on an agreed basis, in certification and accreditation of higher educational institutions and systems of scientific personnel training, carried out in accordance with the established legal procedure, and submission of proposals on improvement of these activities.
2.3.10. Publishing activities, establishment of the Academy's own scientific and technical journals and other mass media, publishing of conference and symposia proceedings in accordance with the established legal procedure.
2.3.11. Carrying-out of fundamental and applied research studies and scientific and technical projects on the basis of the established creative scientific bodies.
2.3.12. Carrying-out of business activities, establishment of economic associations, societies and other economic organizations, purchase of property for entrepreneurial business activities; the proceeds from these activities should be used solely for achieving the goals set by the Regulations, in accordance with the current legislation.
2.3.13. Carrying-out of external economic activities in accordance with the established legal procedure.
2.3.14. Carrying-out of other forms of activities which contribute to accomplishment of the Academy goals and tasks and are not at variance with the current legislation and the present Regulations.
3. ACADEMY MEMBERS, THEIR RIGHTS AND DUTIES.
ADMISSION AND SECESSION PROCEDURES
3.1. Russian and foreign citizens - scientists and specialists in the field of navigation and motion control interested in the goals of the Academy, willing to observe the Academy Regulations and promote the realization of the Academy goals and obligations, are eligible for membership in the Academy.
3.2. The Presidium admits new members in the Academy on a personal application with the subsequent approval at the General meeting of the Academy.
3.3. All the Academy members are equal in their rights irrespective of their race, nationality, citizenship, occupied position, place of residence and financial position.
3.4. The Academy members have the right to:
- participate in the Academy activities;
- elect and be elected to the Academy governing bodies;
- participate in the General meeting of the Academy members with the right for deciding vote, express and uphold their opinion;
- submit proposals on supplements and amendments to the Academy Regulations;
- receive publications of the Academy in an order of top priority;
- secede from the Academy on their own will.
3.5. The Academy members are obliged to:
- observe the provisions of the present Regulations;
- participate in the Academy activities aimed at realization of the goals and objectives stated in the Regulations;
- render assistance to the Academy authorities in realizing their plans;
- inform the governing bodies of their activities on realization of the Academy programs and projects, of the their efforts concerned with the other spheres of the Academy activities;
- set an example of high professional qualities, high ethic and moral standards;
- refrain from actions which may cause a detriment to the Academy;
- pay admission and annual membership fees, the amount and payment terms being established by the Academy Presidium.
3.6. The Academy members are not responsible for the Academy obligations, neither is the Academy responsible for obligations of the Academy members.
3.7. Secession and expulsion of the Academy members.
3.7.1. The Academy members may secede from the Academy on their own initiative by submitting a written application to the Academy Presidium.
3.7.2. The members may be expelled from the Academy if they violate the requirements of the present Regulations, or if they do not fulfill obligations or discredit the Academy. The decision on expulsion is taken by the Presidium and later approved at the General meeting.
4. GOVERNING AND CONTROL AUTHORITIES OF THE ACADEMY
4.1. The supreme governing body of the Academy is the General meeting of the Academy members called by the Presidium as frequently as required, but at least once every two years. An extraordinary meeting may be called on the initiative of at least 1/3 of the total number of the Academy members, at the request of the President or the auditing commission.
4.2. The General meeting has the right to consider and take decisions on any issues concerning the Academy activities.
It is within the exceptional competence of the General meeting to:
- adopt the Academy Regulations, make supplements and amendments to them, with the subsequent registration of the Regulations in accordance with the established legal procedure;
- determine strategic lines, consider and approve the most important programs and reports on activities of the Academy Presidium;
- elect the President, Vice president, Presidium members, Auditing commission, Chief Scientific Secretary for a 6 year-period;
- approve heads of affiliations, representations of the Academy recommended by the Presidium;
- approve the Academy budget and main items of expenses;
- make a decision about cessation of the Academy activities, nominate the liquidation commission and approve the liquidation balance sheet.
The General meeting is entitled to take decisions if more than one-half the total number of the Academy members are present at it. A decision is regarded as adopted if more than 2/3 of the present members voted in its favour.
4.3. The Academy governing body is the Presidium consisting of at least 3 people. It supervises all aspects of the Academy activities in the intervals between the General meetings, except for the issues of the exceptional competence of the General meeting. The Presidium exercises the rights of legal entity and performs its functions. The Academy Presidium is headed by the President of the Academy.
4.4. The Academy Presidium:
- calls the Academy General meeting and prepares draft decisions;
- approves schemes of work;
- approves calculation of costs of the Academy, incl. that of its branches, number of staff officers and payment procedure;
- assigns the Academy property to the Academy branches for day-to-day control according to the established legal procedure;
- prepares proposals for the General meeting on the Academy elective authorities personnel, on establishing branches, representation offices, economic organizations of the Academy;
- submits staffs of scientific councils and sections for approval of the General meeting;
- approves reports of the President to be considered at the Academy General meetings;
- approves plans of the Academy publications and controls their fulfillment.
4.5. The Academy Presidium is accountable to the General meeting in its activities and reports major decisions made in the periods between the General meetings. The Presidium holds meetings as frequently as required, the terms being established by the Presidium but no less than twice a calendar year.
4.6. The President of the Academy:
- supervises the work of the Presidium and chairs its meetings;
- acts on behalf of the Academy without any power of attorney, represents the Academy in its relations with other legal entities, conducts negotiations, concludes contracts and other agreements with Russian and foreign organizations, institutions and companies, performs other legally significant acts on behalf of the Academy;
- issues powers of attorney;
- opens accounts in bank institutions;
- controls funds and property in the limits of the approved budget;
- has the right of the first signature on documents of the Academy, including financial ones;
- takes on and dismisses the Academy staff officers.
4.7. The Vice President is elected by the General meeting for a 6 year-period. He performs the duties of the President in his absence.
4.8. The Chief Scientific Secretary of the Academy is elected at the General meeting for a 6 year-period. He supervises daily activities of the Academy staff members, bears responsibility for the fulfillment of decisions of the Presidium and the Academy General meeting.
4.9. The Auditing commission consists of at least three people and is elected for a period of 6 years to check up financial and economic activities of the Academy.
The members of the Academy Presidium cannot be the members of the Auditing commission.